The Lunch With Lynch Foundation is a non-profit corporation partnered with the Cape May County Fraternal Order of Police Lodge #7, initially created for the benefit of the students at Glenwood Avenue Elementary School. With the success of the foundation's growth in recent years, its focus has grown to include all of the Elementary and Middle Schools on the Island. www.LunchWithLynch.com
The Kids First Mini Grants Program is an example of this success. The Kids First program is a $10,000 one time only grant that will be divided equally to all four Elementary & Middle School Districts on the Island of Wildwood. Each district will be awarded $2,500 which will be offered to their teachers in the form of five - $500 grants.
The Elementary and Middle School Districts included are:
The criteria for selection of the grants is based on the following statement.
Projects will be funded that emphasize new approaches to teaching and learning, and develop innovative programs which stimulate thought and expand on the existing curriculum. Grants will be awarded to programs that benefit or improve the organization, team or school as a whole and not on an individual basis. The committee regrets we will not be able to fund requests that fall into the following categories.
1. Projects that are part of the district's responsibility to support through tax dollars
2. Projects that are already in existence in some form within the district
3. Projects that ask for payment of labor to teachers.
The limit of requests is not to exceed $500.00
The following general criteria have been established as a basis for awarding grants:
1. Impact on student learning or the creation of an environment that will enhance the learning process.
2. Project / program uniqueness and creativity.
3. Complete description of the program/project and an outline of how it will be implemented
4. The number of students that will be impacted by the program/project and the useful life of the program/project, i.e., one-time use or recyclable.
5. The stated need for the program/project.
To ensure the integrity of the grant allocation process, members of the Allocation Committee shall not have any direct evidence as to the identity of the applicant. To ensure anonymity, the name of the elementary and middle school will not be referenced in the applications presented to the allocations committee. Every effort will be made to not reference a teacher name or any other description that would indicate the identity of the applicant or school.
Vicki Lynch, Splash Zone * Jodie DiEduardo, Crest Savings Bank * Stephen DelMonte, Delmo Sports * Andrew Granero, City of Wildwood Police Officer * Educational Representative, TBA
The Lunch With Lynch Foundation is sponsored by the Cape May County Fraternal Order of Police
The funding for the Lynch With Lynch Kids First Mini Grant program was made possible by the local support of our community members who attend the various Lunch With Lynch fundraising events in the Wildwoods. We are very grateful to the generous financial contributions from our local business community and charitable organizations including